Struggle against Impoverishment in New BrunswickThe New Brunswick Common Front for Social Justice works for more justice, more social policies for those in need and for more solidarity in our society
For the short term, priorities are:
Increase income assistance benefits and appeal procedure.
- Increase and indexation of basic benefits for all categories.
- Family Security act must be fair with an appeal procedure.
Decent minimum employment standards
- an automatic indexation of the minimum wage;
- a gradual but speedy increase of the minimum wage;
- a 8-hour work day and a 40-hour work week;
- voluntary overtime paid at time and one half of the real rate beginning after the 40th hour.
Decent employment insurance programe.
- Criteria for access: 360 hours whatever the unemployment rate in the region for all categories;
- Level of benefits :662/3 % based on the 12 best weeks of the past year;
- Elimination of the divisor;
- Length of benefits: variable by region. In region of high seasonal work: no black hole.
- Real respect of pay equity in collaboration with the Coalition for pay equity